Celebrating National Scrapbooking Day…
Maybe the local events are booked. Maybe you aren’t a fan of online challenges. Maybe the budget is tight and the sales would be too tempting.
But, you want to do something to celebrate the day, right?
Well, I’m here to share 10 fun ways you can celebrate National Scrapbooking Day!
- Find a Friend: Do you have a local friend who also loves to craft? They don’t even need to be a scrapbooker. Maybe they make cards, or paint or create photobooks on Shutterfly. Have a crafty day together! You can scrapbook while they create in their own way. Being together is what is most important!
- Use Skype or Facetime: Is your favorite scrappy friend in another city? Schedule some time to scrap together via Skype or Facetime. You can still chat and share ideas as you create. What could be more fun than scrapping together across the miles?!?
- Organize Your Space: Does organizing put a smile on your face? Set aside some time to dig into your scrap space and get it organized. But, be sure to leave a little time at the end of your organizing activities to actually scrap. Once you’ve had your hands on all those beautiful supplies, you’ll definitely want to use them!
- Upload Photos: Is your camera card FILLED with photos? Take some time to upload those photos to your computer. Once you scroll through those beautiful pictures from your life, you’re likely to feel inspired to scrap!
- Create Kits: Need a faster way to scrap? Put together a few kits of products you love. Grab 6-10 pattern papers, 3-5 sheets of coordinating cardstock, two alphas and a handful of embellishments. Now you have a kit ready and waiting for the next time you want to scrap!
- Clean Your Space: Do you need a clean slate to focus on creating? Set aside time to clean your scrapbooking space. Put away those papers/buttons/washi/scraps/stickers that are all over and make space for the creative juices to begin flowing again!
- Make Tags: Don’t have time to create an entire scrapbook layout? Use even 15 minutes to create a batch of fun tags. Now you have a stash of gorgeous tags to use on your scrapbooking layouts next time you scrap!
- Create a Mini Album: Do you love the feeling of starting and finishing an entire album in one day? Grab a handful of coordinating photos and get started on a mini album. Maybe it’s of a recent trip, or foods you love to eat, or a top 10 list or even funny things your kids say. A mini album is the perfect way to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day!
- Search for Inspiration: At a loss for what to create? Take some time to search for inspiration. Check out Pinterest or your favorite blogs and snag some ideas to inspire your scrapbooking!
- Look at Your Scrapbooks: When was the last time you sat and enjoyed your scrapbooks? What a perfect way to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day! Pull out your albums, sit down (with your family or on your own) and look through those scrapbooks. Spend some time reminiscing and remembering why you love this hobby so much.
There are lots of fun ways to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day! So whether you are going to a local event, participating in challenges online, shopping your favorite sales, or just celebrating on your own at home…take time on May 4th to honor this hobby you love.
Yay for National Scrapbooking Day!