Those of you who have reading PCC regularly for a long time will recall that we used to post “big box” coupons and a few sale listings. They weren’t ‘articles’ and we didn’t comment. They were just inserted into the regular posting cycle amidst giveaways, editorials, news blurbs, etc.
Then one day, I started to think that perhaps posting coupons here might cheapen the amazing value of the other things we offer: like general scrapbook industry news & gossip, fun editorials, giveaways, and of course, the local coverage that we’re working so hard to expand for you!
Today, I received an email from a disappointed reader who said, “You were the one place I thought I could count on to get coupons!” So I sent her to another site to find them, and she ultimately got what she wanted.
Should we start posting coupons & sale listings again?
- Might lead to greater traffic which leads to more advertisers, better giveaways, etc.
- Could be viewed as a “service” to many readers.
- Might hurt independent stores in some way (??) which we don’t want to do.
- Could cheapen the tone of what we’re doing here.
- Can be labor intensive (and that labor could be devoted to other PCC features.)
So I ask you ….. WWYD? What would you do? What do you recommend? Please “vote” in the below poll …. and comment below to share any thoughts on the matter. Thanks!!