Tim Holtz and Sizzix have announced a new product line that seamlessly blends Tim Holtz Stamper’s Anonymous Stamps together with the precision of the Sizzix Eclips diecutter. The line has been “in the works” for more than 12 months and will begin shipping in March 2012. It is called “Stamp2Cut.”
Tim put together a great demo video (embedded below for your convenience.) The video lasts about 27 minutes, but I promise you won’t be bored. Tim has years of live demo experience so he knows how to show you what you really want to see without getting into too many details that will slow things down. Here’s the video …
I didn’t have 27 minutes to watch the video when I first found out about it, so I had to wait until I could find a quiet, uninterrupted time after my son went to bed so I watch & learn. If you don’t have time to watch it now, I’ll go ahead & give you my unofficial synopsis of Stamp2Cut.
Here’s how I understand it: Stamp2Cut is designed to work with the Sizzix eclips electronic cutter. Through the Stamp2Cut system, you now have the ability to precisely & electronically die-cut around the edges of all (or most) of the Tim Holtz Stamper’s Anonymous stamps. Each Stamp2Cut cartridge contains one entire set of Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz stamps on it.
To execute the project, you first stamp your image onto your chosen surface (cardstock, paper, vinyle, shrink plastic, etc). Then, with the assistance of a transparency, you add “registration marks” using a black marker just outside the stamped area of the design. The Sizzix Eclips uses a laser to find those registration marks to then cut perfectly around both the inside & outside edges of your die-cut, no matter how intricate. (Think fussy cutting on steroids.) Your options include exact cuts, shadow cuts and blackout cuts. You can also shrink & expand the size of the cut, though it then wouldn’t match the size of the stamped image. For some (but not all) of the images, you also have the option to cut just certain pieces of the image.
I hope that makes sense!
So, what do YOU think of Stamp2Cut? From the comments on Tim’s blog (there were 750+ comments last I looked) it appears as though about 95% of his fans are absolutely thrilled and excited about this new product while the other 5% fell strongly on the other side of the fence. What do you think?