Baker’s Twine is EVERYWHERE and if you don’t have some in your stash yet, you undoubtedly will soon. It’s an easy and inexpensive way to add another element to your paper crafting projects.
Below, we’re recapping the twine tips & techniques shared during Twine Week … and even adding a few more to the list!
25+ Paper Crafting Ideas for TWINE
- Notch” the side of your page to keep twine in place.
- Use twine as the string to your stamped or diecut balloon.
- Wrap it tightly around a piece of cardstock and place it behind a diecut for a cool peekaboo effect.
- Use twine as a “laundry line” and add fun embellishments on the “line.” Link to see tips 1-4 in action
- Use glue to “write” with twine.
- Simply wrap it around a diecut on your page.
- Create a trendy starburst design with twine.
- Crochet with twine. Link to see tips 5-8 in action.
- Use twine as “journaling lines.”
- Attach twine with tiny attacher or washi tape.
- Simply sew twine through a button.
- Create a Pom-Pom with twine! Link to see tips 9-12 in action.
- Twine the Spine of a mini book.
- Twist it into a “lollipop” on your page.
- Add “bacon” to your page (really looks like bacon!)
- Use twine as markers on a map.
- Add a “plaid” background to a card or layout.
- Make tiny drinking straws in a lemonade image.
- Outline clouds to add dimension.
- Use green twine and create “grass” and use buttons as flowers.
- Use multiple colors of twine as rays of a rainbow. Link to see tips 13-21 in action.
- Make curlique “ribbon” from twine. Link
- As a cowboy’s “lasso.” Link
- As a “watermelon.” Link
- Twine as a rocket or airplane trail. Link.
- Create a simple border around your page.
- Cover (wrap) a flexible wire with twine and then create a shape with it.
- Stitch the twine into a shape, like a heart.
- Stitch the twine through the holes of a doily.
- Stitch the twine to outline the petals of a flower. Link to see tips 26-30 in action.
And don’t forget about digi-twine, actually baking with twine (gasp!) and wrapping gifts with twine. I’m sure there are others! If you have some ideas we didn’t mention, please add your ideas to the list by leaving a comment. Twine-R-iffic!!
Did you enjoy this list of twine ideas? If so, I invite you to join us on Facebook so you can be notified of future special features like this one!