Jennifer McGuire is one of the most beloved figures in the paper crafting industry.
I think we all first fell in love with Jennifer through the pages of Creating Keepsakes Magazine.Â We then continued our infatuation by following her through her blog (Jennifer McGuire Ink), herÂ work as a designer for Hero Arts, and her work as a contributing editor for Paper Crafts Magazine.
When it came time to ask a paper crafting ‘celeb’ to be the first to participate in our “10 Things” Interview series, I knew exactly who my first choice would be!
Thank you, Jennifer, for being willing to indulge
myÂ our curiousity!
So now, stay tuned for…..
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Jennifer McGuire
- When you are creating, what is your preferred background noise? I must have a TV on. The bit of movement from the corner of my eye keeps me from feeling lonely. 🙂
- If you were a stamping or card making super hero, what would your super hero name be? Super Stamper. Ha! Love it.
- If you had to describe your paper crafting style in ONE WORD, what would it be? (The word â€œeclecticâ€ is not a choice.) Colorful.
- If you had to completely eliminate 1 color from all of your projects from now on, which color would it be? Purple. I like it, but least of all the colors I use.
- When was the last time you purchased a pre-made greeting card?Â Â Oh my. Probably 9 years ago. Handmade is better. 🙂
- What is your regular Starbucks order? Venti Decaf. Straight Up.
- What was your childhood nickname? Effy. My grandpa called me that when I was little and it sticked. I have no idea where he got it!
- What do you consider to be “Must See TV?” This is tough! Dexter. Oh, and the new show Up All Night seems funny so far.
- What is your secret non-paper-crafting talent or claim-to-fame? I worked on a project at NASA while in college and flew on the Vomit Comet.
- What embarassing song do you have on your iPod … but you secretly love it? All Out of Love from Air Supply. Ha!
Let’s pretend you are Oprah on a budget and you get to give some of your “favorite things” to all the students in your next class. What items would make the list?
- Global Kitchen Knife. It changed the way I cook!
- Distress Inks
- Sparkling Water. I am addicted.
- My Macbook Pro.
- Any Stamps
- Fresh Flowers
Thank you, Jennifer, for taking the time to answer our nosy questions. I loved having a chance to get to know the “real” person behind “Super Stamper” Jennifer McGuire!
If you want to see more of Jennifer’s work, be sure to check her blog at Jennifer McGuire Ink,Â check-out her classes at Online Card Classes, and join her in the upcoming Spawn of True Scrap event. Also, Jennifer travels and teaches classes occasionally at independent paper crafting stores throughout the country. Be sure to keep an eye on our paper crafting events list in your area!
And now, in closing, let’s all pay homage to Jennifer’s favorite guilty pleasure song….