Don’t you love getting a new scrap mag in the mail? Or sneaking one into your grocery shop or Target run as a little “treat” for yourself? I received my May/June 2012 Creating Keepsakes on Friday. What a fun treat for my weekend!
My issue arrived in perfect condition but today, it sits here beside me dog-earned, warped and slightly wavy from being used as a coaster. That’s the sign of a good magazine, huh? When it’s been thoroughly ENJOYED!!
May/June CK 2012 – 10 Things I Loved Most!
- Trendy AND Practical Layouts: This issue contains the trendy, artsy style layouts as well as the more practical multi-photo double pagers …. a nice mix of scrapbook ideas and inspiration!
- Advertisements: Can I admit that enjoy the ads in CK? I always learn about a new kit club or product or scrapbooking event that I didn’t know about previously. And I always enjoy seeing the bright colors and “eye candy” in ads from the major scrapbooking players!
- Creative Spaces: You know we love craft storage ideas — so I particularly enjoyed the “creative spaces” article by Megan Hoeppner. What fun to get an insider’s look at the 7Gypsies studio. I was also inspired by the the feature of Teri Lopez’s closet turned craft space!
- Storage Ideas: We are “Wild for Washi Tape” here at PaperCrafter’s Corner. The Washi Tape storage idea on page 66 of the mag is genius and adorable!
- Photo Tricks : Love me some photo tricks that don’t require any fiddling with your camera!
- Same Layout, 2 (or more) Ways: This is one of my all-time favorite ways to learn about scrapbooking. In the “Easy Tricks for Translation” article (p77-85), you get to see the exact same layout done in both single pagers as well as double-pagers. LOVE this!
- Ticket Please Border Punch: In the “latest & greatest” article, CK always shares some of their new fave products. Yes, that Jenni Bowlin / Fiskars Border Punch is now officially on my must-have list 🙂
- Michael’s Coupon: There’s a Michael’s Coupon for 20% off your entire regular priced purchase on page 15. Enough said 🙂
- Kitchen Inspired Scrapbooking: An entire article about using baker’s twine, doilies, cupcake liners, recipe cards and more. Fun!
- Tips, tricks, techniques, ideas, free printables, a giveaway opportunity and more. Whew!
Enter to WIN this Issue!
We are participating in a BLOG HOP promoting the May/June 2012 Issue of Creating Keepsakes. To enter to win this issue, simply leave a comment on this post telling us what features you usually love best in CK magazine. Then, visit the other players in the blog hop for additional chances to comment & win! There are a total of 14 of us participating in the hop. After PaperCrafter’s Corner, you should go visit ….
Next on the CK Blog Hop
Good luck & have fun! OUR giveaway of the issue closes on Friday, April 20th at midnight eastern.