Scrapbookers are a crazy bunch. Did we lose our minds because we are scrappers, or do we scrap because we are crazy?
Yes, I'm kidding…Sort of….But check this out:
- ScrapMania: A crop at Archiver's
- Addicted to Scrapbooking: A scrapbook e-tailer.
- Scrapbook Obsession: A scrapbook blogger's wry look at all things scrappy in her life.
- Scrapbook Addiction: scrapbook e-tailer
- Scrapbook Crazy: mini album tutorials & altered projects.
- Crazy About Scrapbooks: scrapbook e-tailer.
- Paper Addict. scrapbook e-tailer.
- Crazy Scraps: scrapbook e-tailer
- Scrap Frenzy: Scrap retreat location in Ohio.
- Scrapaholic: "All about scrapbooking." (All in German.)
- Scrapaholic Retreats: Retreat location in Indiana.
- Craft for Health: An entire business based on the therapeutic effects of crafting.
- And this is just a short list thrown together. There are many crazier & funnier ones out there.
Are you seeing a recurring theme? Apparently, we're quirky & we know we it! We talk about hoarding. We talk about being addicted. We discuss"enabling" each other. We go on retreats for days at a time, staying up all night, sleeping on air mattresses, getting cramps in our backs from hunching over our layouts.
Yes, I definitely have my own issues. I posted an editorial a couple of months ago about my "love affair with tissue." And watching me arrange & re-arrange my pictures & embellishments on a layout? A painful example of OCD behavior. (Just ask the scrappers who sat next to & across from me at my last retreat, I'm sure they would agree!)
But ….The feeling of completing a layout? Hard to beat. The satisfaction of a completed album? Amazing. The enjoyment of surveying an organized scrapbook space? Awesome (yet all too rare). Being in "the zone" while putting together a project? A zen feeling. Meeting people at each scrapbook event who accept, support & celebrate your "quirky" tendencies? Priceless! I guess that's the point, huh?
So, are you crazy about your hobby or does your hobby keep you sane? Where do you fall on the spectrum?