Papercrafting for Others: The Caring Hearts Card Drive
Papercrafting as a means of giving back – we’re in!
Just a quick post today, but an important one…
I’m sure most of you know the lovely and talented Jennifer McGuire, cardmaker extraordinaire!
And if you’re familiar with Jennifer, you’re likely aware of her involvement with creating for causes, and particularly the card drives she’s started, been involved in and/or helped to promote.
And that’s what we’re sharing today – a chance for YOU to get involved in a wonderful mission: the Caring Hearts Card Drive.
This very worthy card drive runs from October 3rd – November 27th, 2015 and we hope you’ll all join in – make a few cards and brighten someone’s day!
And as if giving back wasn’t reward enough, to thank you for your generosity in supporting this card drive, the Drive coordinators will be awarding lots of prizes for lots of winners!
And yes, we donated a prize – a prize pack worth $75!
Here’s a little background on the 6th Caring Hearts Card Drive, via Jennifer:
“We are back for the 6th year of our annual Caring Hearts Card Drive…collecting handmade, holiday cards to give to those that live in nursing homes. In 2014, we collected over 17,000 cards and distributed cards to many nursing homes in the U.S., Canada and Australia. The card drive ends November 27, 2015 – we hope you can participate! For more information, visit the sites of Vera Yates or Jennifer McGuire.”
For more information on the drive, please visit Jennifer McGuire’s site:
Jennifer McGuire Caring Hearts Card Drive post.
For more information on Vera Yates, the card drive’s founder, and on how this drive began, please visit Vera Yates’ site: Vera Yates Caring Hearts Card Drive post
Let’s show Vera and Jennifer,
and most importantly, the nursing home residents,
what a talented and generous group of papercrafters
we have here at PCC –
Care to help spread the word?
Please include the hashtag
and the URL
when sharing this
on social media or your blogs – thanks!
A few important details from Vera & Jennifer:
- This card drive will be going on from October 3 to November 27, 2015. We need to receive your card by November 27, 2015.
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card – your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
- All cards need to have a message in it – stamped or handwritten. Please sign your name and include where you are from.
- Please include an envelope for each card, but don’t seal the envelope.
- Please stick to just cards – standard size 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ or smaller.
- And, please don’t use any pins, for safety reasons.
- This is totally optional… if you’d like to include $1 or $2 to help with shipping, it’ll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves, with no sponsor, so any donation toward shipping would help tremendously.
- In each package, PLEASE include THIS SUBMISSION FORM. This helps us in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance at a prize. So the more cards you send, the better your chances!
The information for mailing in your cards
is provided on both Vera’s and Jennifer’s Caring Hearts Card Drive blog posts
(linked above and below) – thanks!
And here’s my personal challenge to everyone in the PCC community:
If you create and send in at least five cards, please send an email to me (to shackney [at] papercrafterscorner [dot] com) letting me know how many cards you created and when your cards were mailed. Pictures would be great!
I’ll enter all PCC cardmakers’ names from these emails into a random drawing and one of you generous PCC papercrafters will receive a special surprise from us!
the deadline for cards being received
by the Card Drive coordinators
is November 27, 2015!
Because the Drive coordinators know it can be pricey to send cards internationally, they have made arrangements for assistance with shipping. Please refer to Jennifer’s Caring Hearts Card Drive post (Jennifer’s Caring Hearts Card Drive post) for details on options for sending in your cards.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this call for cards and especially to those willing to share the Caring Hearts Card Drive with their crafty pals and make cards for this worthy cause!
Have a great week,
Steph & The PCC Team
Worried about missing out on the exciting papercrafting industry news,
project ideas, helpful tips, papercrafting tutorials and fun giveaways we share?
subscribe to our blog feed –
you’ll never miss a thing!