With the holidays upon us, I know that many of you have big road trips on the agenda. We’re here to help with a few tips to help you maximize your trip!
Kathy Wittlock closed her independent Alabama scrapbook store earlier this year. Since then, she and her husband Gary have criss-crossed the US by car several times and have squeezed-in more than just a few LSS visits. Kathy was happy to share a few “hard earned” tips for maximizing a road trip a la scrapbook style 🙂
How to Plan a Road Trip
- Determine your general route.
- Consult the map at PaperCrafter’s Corner to see exactly where all of the independent stores are on your route.
- Re-route as needed. You’ve gotta have priorities!
- Click through on the PCC map to visit the store websites or blogs to verify store hours & get landmarks. (Kathy learned that many of these stores don’t keep regular hours and some can’t be found on GPS!)
- If the website or blog looks sketchy, give them a call and ask if they carry Tim Holtz or Graphic 45. If the answer is “Tim who?” or “Graphic what?” then skip it!
- Check the PCC event listings for all of the states you’ll be passing through. You never know when there might be a warehouse sale, scrapbook consignment sale, or celebrity class event worth a last-minute “short cut.”
- Re-route again as needed.
- Scrape together your pennies before you leave… some of these stores have some real treasures!
- As you get close to each destination, find a coffee shop to “park” your hubby so you can truly explore.
- And finally, report back to your friends here at PCC to share what you find!
Now, what tips do you have to add to the list?