From: PaperCrafter’s Corner Headquarters
Greetings Fellow Papercrafters,
Wow, what a first month this has been!
Can you believe it’s been a month already since I became PaperCrafter’s Corner’s new “mama?”
Words cannot describe how excited I’ve been to take over where Susan left off and to start to get to know all of you!
And, what better day for that to have become a reality than on 3-13-13 (a cool number day, and my Dad’s birthday – Happy Birthday, again, Dad!).
The purpose for this post was not just to point out that 3-13-13 is a fun day for number geeks like me…
…or to again wish my Dad a happy birthday…
…but to thank you all again for the very warm welcome you offered.
And, to more properly introduce myself to you and hopefully learn about you in return.
Yes, YOU – I want to know who YOU are, beyond the role of “papercrafter.”
As a military brat whose childhood was comprised of a never-ending cycle of meeting new people and quickly fitting into new surroundings, I say there’s no time like the present for getting this Intro Party started. So, let’s go!
(If you want to skip my intro and get right down to creating yours, click on the “leave a comment” link above and get started!)
- My parents and I moved 21 times before I turned 16 – with residences all over the U.S. and in Germany (where my Mom’s from).
- Yes, I do speak German (now willingly; as a kid, not so much).
- I’m an only child (please don’t hold that against me, o.k.?) and I’m a little jealous of those who have siblings…nice siblings.
- I’ve been an event planner since the age of 9 when I managed my first fundraising event: a neighborhood carnival. It was challenging and rewarding and so very fun. The event planning bug bit me hard and it’s never let go!
- I’m into junkin’ and cookin’ and craftin’ and travelin’ (not necessarily in that order) and I’ve lived in Texas for almost 4 years now (although I’m quite sure they’re going to kick me out soon because I still don’t own a pair of boots!).
- I LOVE learning new things and being challenged. I hope to be that way till the day I die.
- Happy, positive people are my favorite kind of people and anyone who can make me snort-laugh has a place in my heart forever.
- I’m married to a wonderful man – 16 years of (mostly) bliss this year! Love you, babe.
- I’m a mom to two amazing kiddos and a step-mom to two more amazing kiddos (all grown and on their own now). Note: if you’re enduring your kids’ teenage years, I promise, you’ll survive…no, really…
- And, I’m an amazingly wonderful mother-in-law to a great daughter-in-law and a wonderful son-in-law who just adore me (just ask them, they’ll tell ya! 😉 ).
- Oh, and I have three little granddaughters. Why yes, I am a very young grandma. Thanks for noticing.
- I do NOT enjoy filling my car with gas or dropping off/picking up dry cleaning, but I don’t mind doing laundry at home or cleaning the house.
- I regret: not taking more ballet lessons, quitting the violin after 3 years of playing, and some of my makeup, hair and fashion choices in the late 80s (uh no, NOT sharing those photos). AquaNet rules!
- I’ve always enjoyed running and completed my one and only half-marathon (yeah, I’m sure it’s my only one), and am embarrassed to say I’m doing almost NOTHING to stay in shape right now. I need some motivating buddies – anyone game?
- I am geographically challenged and can’t remember historical facts or dates to save my life, but I remember every phone, driver’s license and license plate number I’ve ever been issued (something I just learned I inherited from my Dad). Have a number you want to remember? I’m your gal!
- I can create tasty dishes from leftovers like nobody’s business (thanks to my mom’s example), but can’t sew…at all (while my Mom is amazingly talented and made most of my clothes when I was little – ooh, that reminds me, if we ever meet in person, remind me to tell you about the “fleece lined denim jacket” she made me when I was 12).
- In my book there’s nothing better than hanging out with my papercraftin’ girls, or sleeping in, or working on projects all night, or snacking on salt-then-sugar-then-salt-then-sugar while enjoying a movie marathon with my honey. Did I mention sleeping in?
- O.K., actually traveling (with my spousal unit) and shooting (with a camera) might be my favorite ways to spend my time, followed by scrapbooking and cardmaking (well any kind of papercrafting, actually).
- I couldn’t live without Ziplocs, Windex or iced tea (unsweetened, extra ice, please)…and my camera…and a good internet connection. Seriously.
- My favorite color is purple (although everyone who knows me would say it’s black since I wear a lot of black).
- Inefficiency drives me insane. Really.
- I’m uber-organized and I believe in a place for everything and everything in its place (hey, when you’re a Virgo, with a military father and a German mother, what choice do you have…really?). Yes, this applies even when I’m creating (but I’m working hard to be ok with messy when I craft – Julie Balzer, Dina Wakeley and Dyan Reaveley are my heroes!).
- I believe kindness, courtesy and compassion are the most important things to show others.
- Being asked, “What’s the worst that could happen?” by my Mom when I was worried about trying something risky was one of the greatest gifts she shared with me. Why? It permitted me to try new things and to not worry so much about failure.
- And finally, my One Little Word (OLW) for this year is: C R E A T E >>> Create connections, create art, create images, create memories, create space, create opportunities, create food, create beauty, create peace, create health, etc.
OK, your turn:
Please share who you are, what makes you, you?
Please tell us about yourself in the comment section below, and include links to photos!
(Not sure what to share? Use the list below to guide your sharing.)
Have a great weekend everyone!
PaperCrafter’s Corner Community Questionnaire:
- I have _________
- I’m from _________
- I am _________
- I’m into _________
- I LOVE _________
- My favorite people are _________
- I’m ________________ (single/committed/married/divorced/widowed)
- I have/don’t have kids and they are _____________
- I do NOT enjoy ___________, but I don’t mind ______________
- I regret: _______________
- I enjoy ______________
- I am ________ challenged and can’t remember __________ to save my life, but I remember ___________
- I create __________, but can’t _____________
- In my book there’s nothing better than ____________
- I couldn’t live without ____________
- My favorite color is ____________
- I’m organized/disorganized in life and organized/disorganized when I create
- I believe _____________ are the most important things to show others.
- _________ drives me insane!
- The greatest gift(s) I ever received: _________________________
And finally, my One Little Word (OLW) for this year is: ________________