Teresa Collins burst onto the scrapbook scene in 2002 and has quickly become one of the top names in the industry. With her trademark long, blond hair and her infusion of elegance into paper crafting products and styles, she is one of the most recognized names in the industry. Readers of her blog are quickly drawn into the details of her life as a mother of 7 who occasionally burns the candle at both ends in order to meet her personal & professional obligations.
How exactly did Teresa get her start in 2002? It sounds like the ultimate combination of talent meets good timing: (1) Her daughter showed some of Teresa’s layouts to the advertising manager of Ivy Cottage Magazine (which later become Scrapbook Trends magazine.) Then (2) she ran into Lance Anderson of Rusty Pickle at her local LSS and ended up giving him advice on his designs. Before she knew it, Teresa was designing products for Rusty Pickle and creating a series of idea books for the magazine.
Of course, the industry has changed greatly in recent years and Teresa is now both the name and the brand of her own line of fabulous paper crafting supplies. Here are a few of her most popular recent lines, which I’m sure most of you will recognize….
Popular Recent Teresa Collins Lines…
So, now that we’ve set the stage, it’s time for you to learn …
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Teresa Collins!
- What is the one current popular trend that you just can’t get “into” using on your projects? Misting.. it’s just too messy for me! I love the look, it’s just not for me.
- If you were a scrapbooking super hero, what would your name be? SCRAP-a-RELLA…. (cinderella-ha!)
- If you had to describe your scrapbooking style in one word, what would it be? Classy
- Looking back over the years, what aspects of your paper crafting style have changed most and how? Like many, I used to cut photos into shapes and use decorative scissors!
- What is your favorite “go to” neutral? WHITE
- What is your standard order at Starbucks? Believe it or not I don’t go to Starbucks!
- As a pre-teen or young teenager, what celebrity did you have a crush on? Johnny Depp
- What is your favorite chore? Vacuuming! I actually like it!
- What is your secret non paper-crafting talent or claim to fame? I won a beauty pageant when I was 12 years old. My one and only pageant. I am Jr. Miss Catawba Mall. Ha!
- What do you consider to be “Must See TV” these days? I am addicted to watching The Biggest Loser! I find it inspiring to change your life.
What are some of your “Favorite Things?”🙂
- perfume: light blue by Dolce & Gabbana
- myPINK SWEATS from Victoria Secret
- Vanilla Bean ice cream- oh, I can’t buy it or I’ll eat it ALL!
- Diet Mtn. Dew-
- RED and CLEAR gummy bears
- FUNKY SPARKLY rings and jewelry
- ORNATE frames that I can spray paint
- Ugg boats- to stay warm in the cold winter in Utah
- Chick Flicks!!! I am a hopeless romantic
- The Biggest Loser TV show inspires me
- My Damask blanket from Minky Couture– it’s so soft!
- Country Music- it reminds me of HOME and my Southern Roots
- Watching movies with my family
- Steak- medium rare with Sweet Potatoes (plain)
- Black sunglasses- my eyes are so sensitive I always wear them if I’m outside
Thank you, Teresa, for taking time from your busy schedule to share so that we could get to know the person behind “the name.” It’s fun to envision you snuggled up on the couch, in your favorite pink sweats, under your special blanky, watching a movie with your family (maybe something with Johnny Depp?) and dreaming up fabulous designs for your upcoming collections! We can’t wait to see what you have to share next month at CHA Winter 2012!
You can keep up with Teresa Collins’ adventures and designs, via her blog: http://teresacollins.typepad.com/