Stephanie Howell’s work is regularly seen in the pages of our favorite paper crafting mags and on the blogs of our favorite manufacturers. Currently on the design teams for Studio Calico and Jenni Bowlin, she has also worked with October Afternoon, Lily Bee Designs, Sassafras Lass and others.
I’m not sure what we all love most about Stephanie Howell. Is it her gorgeous yet easy & informal paper crafting style? Is it her hilarious, self-deprecating sense of humor that she manages to squeeze into about 99% of her blog posts? Or, like me, do you just love checking in to see what crazy antics her 4 little girls are up to this week?
I’m so glad that Stephanie agreed to take time away from princesses, diapers, and hectic life as an army wife with 4 small girls. I thoroughly enjoyed learning “10 Things” about her and hope you do too!
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Stephanie Howell
- How much time, on average, do you spend on a layout? 30 minutes. Any more than that and the natives get restless. 🙂 I have to scrap when the wee ones sleep. Which lately…is never! Lord help me.
- I read on your blog a few months back that you arenâ€™t â€œintoâ€ stamping much. Why not? I’m not good at it and it tends to stress me out. I always end up with the stamped image on my body. I’m way too awkward stamping, though I do incorporate it now and then. Love the look.
- What would your â€œindianâ€ scrapbooking name be? “She who scrapbooks with one hand while fending off babies with the other.”
- Tell us about your Biggest Scrap Related Disaster: I once spilled an entire bottle of red mist on a layout. Don’t ask how it happened. These things just happen to me. It looked like a crime scene. It was terrifying, to say the least.
- What is your favorite â€œgo-toâ€ neutral for paper crafting? American Crafts Vanilla.
- What is your standard order at Starbucks?Â Fall = pumpkin spice latte. Christmas = caramel brulee latte. Non seasonal =vanilla latte.
- Age at first kiss? 15 . Thank the good Lord you didn’t ask for details on this one because it’s highly embarrassing. Let’s just say it involves summer camp and a puppetry shed.
- What grown-up job or career did you have before becoming a military wife, mother, scrapper & blogger? I was a second grade teacher!
- Secret non-crafting talent or achievement? I was an all state lacrosse player in high school! no one believes me when i tell them that now. ?!?!?!
- What favorite but embarrassing song do you have on your ipod playlist? Anything by the beibs.Â I act like it’s because my girls love him, but I’ve got some secret love for Justin Beiber. Not cougar type love though…that’s reserved for Zac Efron. Sigh. wow…I really got off on a tangent here, didn’t I?
When you meet someone at a party or gathering for the first time and they ask you if you work, WHAT in the world do you say?!? uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (i haven’t been to a party in so long that i wouldn’t even know how to proceed with normal,adult interaction)
Pretend you are Oprah (on a budget) and that you are giving away 5-10 of your â€œfavoriteâ€ things to all of the women in your next scrapbooking class. What items would make the list?
- American Crafts Precision Pens
- NARS lip lacquer in chelsea girls
- Cupcake red velvet wine
- Jenni Bowlin label stickers
- Lily pulitzer iphone cover
- Martha Stewart Doily Die Cuts
- Rock and and republic jeans
- Studio Calico Mister Huey’s Calico Shine
- Any book by david sedaris
- Modern Family Season One on DVD
Thank you, Stephanie, for taking time to answer our nosy questions! I will continue to visit you regularly at your blog, Just Me, My Soldier and our 4 Little Chicks. I always enjoy hearing your funny take on your everyday life adventures.
As we wrap up this edition of “10 Things” we will close by enjoying this video that Stephanie shared via her blog earlier this year. It’s her 2 older girls singing “the Beibs.” Enjoy!